The Dragoons Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragoons Forums

The Forum For The Dragoon Brotherhood and Dragoons Evolutions

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

Number of posts : 532
Organization : Zion
Rank in faction : Leader Of TDB
Registration date : 2007-01-30

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 3:02 pm

This is for general discussion to do with the matrix world. Please stay on the Matrix topic here please.

TH
Back to top Go down
http://hiddendragoons.editboard.com
wanat007
Operative
Operative

Number of posts : 26

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 1:49 pm

affraid look guys and gals i think that i must be blunt with this and i dont care if i upset anybody in the process.
but in my opinion this faction can not continue to losses faction funds on coding members abs, if members dont contribute to it.
i personally have spent over 48 hours in constucts to add funds to faction and would like to see everybody doing the same.
because if faction funds ever run out how will you get your abs?
sorry wd and th but this is my stronge felling on this.
Back to top Go down
eClare
Red Pill
Red Pill

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-01-31

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: hehe   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 4:39 pm

Personally, i don't have a problem with running out of frags/code bits when i am coding, because i loot everything and anything lol. But should the odd occasion arise where i don't have what i need to make an ab or piece of clothing, i do this: i simply go and farm for what i need. Takes such a small amount of time, really. And if the person who i am coding for is capable of fighting the gangs to get the frags, i make them go do it lol. Amby and I contribute to faction funds when we can, and will of course continue to do so; but we never expect anything in return, except for maybe a good party or event, cause that's what faction funds should be used for, at least that's my opinion anyways. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fizzley
Initiate
Initiate
Fizzley

Number of posts : 70

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 4:39 pm

If anyone needs abilities, please come to me. As long as I have the frag i will make it for you, if I don't, then your going to have to find the frag for me if i'm busy (I'll send you an email of where to find all the frags if you get stuck) and i'll make the ability for free and won't take funds from anyone but my own inventory.

Sorry but I won't contribute a penny to faction info bank because I find the whole idea pointless, playing MXO for over a year and a half I've seen way too many factions disapear over squabbling over how funds are used.

Takecares

~#Problem Solved#~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fazious
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Contribution   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 2:01 am

There is a BIG difference from some members to others contribution wise. Fizz you may not want to contribute much, but is this the thinking of a Captain?

There are some members that I have asked to help someone get their Sakura, or just to get some constructs items, and they have gone without moan or complaint. Now I ask some inderviduals to help members loot, and they moan to no end. I know it's not what everyone wants to do, but I would like some people to take the time to sit back and think of the faction rather than themselves. I can say that every Captain that has been placed in their particular ranks do make a significant contribution. I don't mean contribution where they have had to go with moaning, I mean without being asked a questioned.

This also applies to missions. Lots of people are fine, but some members it's all they get and expect. Certain inderviduals take no time to get to know 'the familly' and that isn't this faction. We are not a mission team, we are a group of friends, a FAMILY.

WickedDragoon said to me that we should concentrate on being internally strong, and I see that as a family unit. I will start to clamp down on this. This is not a threat, because I don't need to do that, I will just use action. This is a recurring issue that must be solved. Although it is inevitable that people will want to mission, hell, we all do. But there is a difference from:-

'Hi guys, hows you?'

and some guy coming in and saying:-

'Missions anyone'
'Sorry we are busy atm'
'Party w0000000000000t'
'GOD, you are always busy... bye'

This did actually happen. The faction was dancing away. I can tell you that this member is no longer with us.

TH
Back to top Go down
Fizzley
Initiate
Initiate
Fizzley

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 3:06 am

TheHidden01 wrote:
There is a BIG difference from some members to others contribution wise. Fizz you may not want to contribute much, but is this the thinking of a Captain?

TH

I'm not a Captain, not even a FM, you of all people should know that cause I'm in your crew lol!
Back to top Go down
Nebak
Red Pill
Red Pill
Nebak

Number of posts : 7

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 5:14 am

To be honest with you I don't quite understand the principle behind the faction funds at the moment. I am told its for events or to finance events, but not having seen any such events or not having taken part in any event so far I can't really comment.

But Dynorah asked me the other day what I expected to get out of the faction and to be honest with you I don't expect the faction to constantly provide me with abilities and funds to upgrade my abilities.

Dynorah has provided me with a couple of abilities that she's been able to make for me at the time and clothes for which I am really grateful. In turn I've gone to Murasaki and killed loads of grey things to get the Clothing Objects she needs to make the clothes.

Having listened to faction chat however on occassion I do find that there are certain individuals that EXPECT to get a lot from the faction and others without going that extra mile. From my point of view at present I'm finding it quite hard to level and keep all my abilities at my level. It costs a lot of money. Hence I've taken up data mining to suppliment my income when I can't go out hunting.

When the time comes, i.e. I've got money to spare and if I feel it right I will contribute to the faction funds. I am quite happy to help people with their missions and to assist with objects where and when I can.

I have played many a game and seen plenty of factions aka guilds fall apart over the issue of resources and money. If you want to make everybody happy make sure you run an open book where every deposit and every withdrawal is accounted for.

Just my two penneth!
Back to top Go down
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Nebak   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 am

I am only aiming this at a very few members.. the minor majority however I do have a problem with. There is a positive flow and this is probably the biggest problem we have had in a long while. There is a HUGE depletion in numbers of late. I remember when we were averaging maybe 15-20 people a night, however times changed as they always do. I don't believe anyone that has posted on this thread is a problem and in fact it is only 2 or 3 that really is the problem. I WILL start to talk to these inderviduals. I don't want people just to play to mission, I want people to be friends. To use things like ventrilo, to feel confident to talk to each other, and I am saying now if you do not believe that we should be like that, I suggest you leave the faction now.

Thank you,

TH
Back to top Go down
Fizzley
Initiate
Initiate
Fizzley

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 10:25 am

You know something, there are a number of drawbacks to power leveling, and this whole problem is clearly one of them. When one is power leveled, you get gigantic amounts of XP yes, but you also loose out on the INFO you would have recieved, had you solo'd the mission. When in a team, the info you receive is shared out between members, that is probably why people ask for info to lvl abilities and what not. If those individuals who constantly ask and expect people to mission them would mission solo everyso often, then they would see how much info they would recieve.

Those individuals also have to remember that this is just a game and everyone playes it to have fun, not to serve your every request all the time.

You don't call you friend up and ask him for money 24/7 do you?

Please deserve just a little more respect around here than they have been receiving up till now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 1 of 1