The Dragoons Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragoons Forums

The Forum For The Dragoon Brotherhood and Dragoons Evolutions

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))

Go down 
+3
WickedDragoon
Fizzley
TheHidden01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

Number of posts : 532
Organization : Zion
Rank in faction : Leader Of TDB
Registration date : 2007-01-30

My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Empty
PostSubject: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 2:48 am

This was the message I sent to Wayne:-

Quote :
Hey Wayne,

I was wondering if you could talk to Gary about my computer. I am going to try to get it mended today, but if I have to pay £200 for it, I wont do it. I will try and explain all that is wrong with it, so here goes:-

1) Worked fine in the morning closed the lid, putting it into Hibernation.
2) Mysteriously comes on by itself on the bus, I hold the power button and turn it off.
3) When I get home to use it, the first Acer screen comes up, then the screen goes totally black.
4) If you wait for 15 minutes, it comes up saying that a file named like /config is missing, my own belief is that this is very important. It also says to use the discs ((Which I don't have)) or to use manual reboot with alt+F10.
5) When I do alt+F10, it comes up with a menu asking if I want the entire thing cleaned and re-installed.
6) I go through this and it says it fails.
7) Now when I turn on my computer, the acer logo comes up then its says something like NB something something, can not be found, press any key to reboot.
Cool When I press a key, this does not happen.
9) Every time I try to repeat steps 5-8 it does the same thing.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TH

I hope I can get this fixed.... for my addictions sake.

TH
Back to top Go down
http://hiddendragoons.editboard.com
Fizzley
Initiate
Initiate
Fizzley

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 3:57 am

Hey, i can fix it! joke, lol. Well this is worth a try. On ebay they sell various backup CD's for laptops and what not. Go to ebay.co.uk and search for you laptop's name like for example "ACER TRAVELMATE 2420 LAPTOP RESTORE DISK RECOVERY CD" CLick Here they cost like around a tenner. Its worth a try, it worked for a computer I was fixing a while back.

Laters!

P.S. (If their going to charge you £200 to fix it your better off buying a new one for £100 more)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fazious
WickedDragoon
Dragoon Evo. Leader
Dragoon Evo. Leader
WickedDragoon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 8:45 am

With recovery disk it will be the same as Reconfiguring the whole LT. So my sugestion is to Get your Windows and reformat all the HDD. Only problem and it is that you will loose everything, same thing happens in recovery i guess. I had one long ago and everytime I used recovery, computer was totally cleaned (don't know if it's the same now). But better to reformat and start fresh. Also you will have to install MxO Game and wait for the whole thing to patch. Hope you come online soon bro.
Back to top Go down
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

PostSubject: Thursday   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 9:13 am

Took it too a repair shop and they said £57. I will be back therefore on Thursday. Just in time for the new criticals. So don't collapse without me!!! At least wait till I'm back lol

TH
Back to top Go down
WickedDragoon
Dragoon Evo. Leader
Dragoon Evo. Leader
WickedDragoon

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 9:22 am

GOOD! We need to talk. Nothing serious, so no worries
Back to top Go down
Nebak
Red Pill
Red Pill
Nebak

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 9:24 am

Sounds to me like you had a touch of disk corruption. A few months ago I bought myself a piece of software called Partition Doctor after I managed to corrupt my partition during an install.

Pity you have to spend over fifty quid to get it checked out, no doubt they are just going to start your machine with a boot disk and do a scandsk.

The alternative is re-installing a fresh copy of Windows et al and loosing all the data, but hopefully it doesn't come to that or at least it shouldn't if the repair shop knows what its doing!

By the way, I would have done it for free Smile
Back to top Go down
Clairesa
Initiate
Initiate
Clairesa

Number of posts : 86
Rank in faction : Head Of Personel

PostSubject: Laptop   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 8:22 am

I hope they can get it fixed by Thursday. It's my time too that we are missing, and I am sick of sharing the other laptop.
Back to top Go down
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

PostSubject: Call   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 am

Just got a call and they said maybe tomoz evening. That means I might not be on Thursday... if I'm lucky I will be. If not see you Friday.

Decided to take Claire out tonight so drunk and disorderly behavior here we come! cheers

TH

I have the same total of posts here as I do on the main MxO forums...

Back to top Go down
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

PostSubject: Today   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 am

Rung the dude up and he said I should get it today. So it will take maybe an hour to patch MxO, I'll download Vent first, I missed you guys on that. Then as I am installing I'll talk to you guys. Then I will be on MxO.

The return of TheHidden01 is soon to be.

TH
Back to top Go down
eClare
Red Pill
Red Pill

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: hehe   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 8:59 am

Looking forward to seeing you online again....I'd like to try dueling you soon Very Happy (so close to 50 now)
Back to top Go down
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

PostSubject: Good   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 9:01 am

eClare wrote:
Looking forward to seeing you online again....I'd like to try dueling you soon Very Happy (so close to 50 now)

Good you take part in my dueling tour... I have fought 20 peeps so far. I look forward to fighting you eClare.

TH
Back to top Go down
eClare
Red Pill
Red Pill

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: lol   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 9:03 am

You are going to kick my a** lol

I did manage to take Sara down to a quarter of her health last night tho Smile
Back to top Go down
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

PostSubject: Re: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 9:06 am

eClare wrote:
You are going to kick my a** lol

I did manage to take Sara down to a quarter of her health last night tho Smile

We will see. Sarah is getting there but still needs work, I will show you some tips.

On the main MxO forums I been getting lots of thumbs up, and one said I was THE best MA... sorry I sound big headed but it makes me cry Very Happy

I will make sure that EVERY DRAGOON is like that.

TH
Back to top Go down
wanat007
Operative
Operative

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 11:09 am

lol! sounds like a virus has screwed your laptop scratch
Back to top Go down
TheHidden01
Administrator
Administrator
TheHidden01

PostSubject: Virus   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Well I wont be getting it till tomoz cos they closed at 6 and they called at quarter too. So I guess it wont be till tomoz Crying or Very sad

Love and miss you

TH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))   My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Computer Prob ((PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dragoons Forums :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: